A Few Common Questions.
We are always happy to answer any questions you have.
Don't see what you're looking for? Hit us up!
WALT is a mobile iOS app designed to help individuals build wealth and manage Savings, Spending, and Borrowing better. It is a banking app built for everyone.
So so so many. With WALT you can….
- You have complete control over where you keep your money. ‘Vaults’ are sort of like traditional accounts, but you can create, edit, and delete them with just a tap. The opportunities are limitless! You can create as many as you want and for whatever you want. Saving for a new car? You can create a Vault for that. Budgeting for your monthly expenses? You can also create a Vault for those as well.
No Fee! This service is FREE, y’all!
No overdrafting therefore no over spending.
You have complete control over your traditional account numbers. At WALT, we call them ‘VaultKeys’, but they do the same thing. You can give them to your gym or cable provider to set up auto-pay. That means that if someone gets a hold of your VaultKey, you can deactivate it and make a new one. You can make as many as you want and connect each of them to any Vault you’d like!
Although it is still being developed, WALT has a Financial Health Score which will help you manage your financial life better.
- WALT also has Scheduled Saves. You can set up a savings schedule and WALT will move money from one Vault to another on your schedule.
- WALT pays interest daily. Yep, you read that right. Your normal checking or savings account pays you monthly or quarterly, but WALT pays you each and every day that you have accrued at least $0.01 in interest.
WALT profiles and portfolios are designed for one Individual, but you can send money to and share vaults with your friends and family.
WALT doesn’t have accounts like your typical bank.
Instead, your money is in a single portfolio with the ability to divvy up funds in a way that fits your budgeting needs and savings goals.
If you want to think about in terms of accounts, WALT can be both. All your money is kept in one place and you divide it out into savings vaults, spending vaults, and expense vaults— which function similarly to how checking and savings accounts do— but with more freedom to customize.
You betcha. WALT is powered by Southern Bancorp Bank, member FDIC, so your deposits are secured up to the maximum limit of $250,000.
Our routing number is 082908751.
WALT does not charge a fee to use the app. That is more money for you to put in your savings Vault!
No minimum at all! We take you as you are.
We don’t stand for overdraft fees. There is no overdrafting with our service, allowing you to save even more money!
WALT makes money the old-fashioned way; on the difference between the interest it pays versus the interest it earns. A win for everyone!
The routing number for your other bank accounts can be found on your checks. See the image below.
‘Vaults’ are sort of like traditional accounts, but you can create, edit, and delete them with just a tap. You can create as many as you want and for whatever you want. Saving for a new car? You can create a Vault for that. Budgeting for your monthly expenses? You can also create a Vault for those as well.
There are 3 types of Vaults:
• Spending – Everyday spending
• Expenses – Recurring bills or payments
• Savings – One-time goal (New Car or Vacation)
From your dashboard, click the + sign under the Vaults section, and WALT will walk you through the process. You’ll choose which type of Vault you’d like to open and set up goals and Scheduled Saves into the vault.
There are many ways to add money to a Vault, the easiest is simply to “move money” from Spending. You can also set up Scheduled Saves from other vaults or deposit through a linked account or your paycheck .
All users have a Vault called ‘My Spending’ that acts as a default Vault, but you can send or receive money from other vaults.
For sure! That’s the number you see on the home page of your dashboard.
You can create as many vaults as you want!
No, you can move as often as you want.
Contact customer support immediately by going to the Help section of the app! There are many legitimate reasons why you may not recognize the transaction. We’ll do everything we can to verify the origin of the transaction.